PizazzWP SliderPlus is a clean and customizable slider with multiple content sources, including posts, pages, slides, full width slideshows and custom post types. It provides filtering by recent posts, categories, tags, slide sets and custom taxonomies.
SliderPlus has its own custom post type called Slides, and a custom post type called Slide Sets.
If you want your slider to include videos, then slides are what you are looking for.
SlideSets are like categories but can be used on slides, posts and even pages!
Navigation can be bullets, titles or numbers and located anywhere around the slides – top, left, bottom, right or none
Unlike other Pizazz plugins, SliderPlus takes an exciting new approach… it is theme independent! Not only will it work just fine with Headway 3, but this means you can also use it on any WordPress site including your older Headway 2 ones.
SliderPlus has comprehensive context-based help for every option. It also takes advantage of WordPress’ own dropdown help system.
The following video gives a 3 min overview of creating a slideshow in SliderPlus.
Key features include:
- Multiple content sources (pages,posts,custom content types, slides)
- Special slide content type that supports videos as the slide and various common sources, such as YouTube, Vimeo, Flickr, Hulu and more
- Content filtering for Recent posts, Categories, Tags, Custom taxonomies and Slide Sets.
- Multiple slide ordering options
- Full control over slide image/video size and textual content size and position
- Cropping control of images
- Full width slideshows
- Twenty transition effects to choose from with optional easing such as bounce and elastic.
- Use multiple transitions in one slideshow
- Options for transition duration, interval, randomization and synchronization
- Uses the venerable jQuery Cycle slideshow plugin as the slider engine
- Navigation can be positioned left, right, top, bottom or hidden
- Navigation types of Titles, bullets and numbers
- Optional slide-directional navigation when mouse hovers over slide edges
- Four built-in colour themes: Light; Grey; Dark and Rainbow.
- Twenty built-in shadow variations
- Extensive custom CSS support
- Comprehensive popup contextual help on each option
- Popup help stays open while you need it to configure an option
- Generalized help built-in using WordPress’ drop down help system
- Very clean and clear options panels
- Sliders resize on smaller screens
You may also try a live demo of Headway and PizazzWP add-ons before purchasing.